Your donations are welcome!
More than 200 children and their families live at Metropolitan Ministries’ MiraclePlace® day-in and day-out. But that’s not all. Nearly 25,000 families get help at the Ministries every year. Meeting the ever-increasing need of Tampa Bay depends on the generosity and commitment of community partners.
To maximize the impact of your contribution:
Step 1: Determine whether or not the items you wish to donate are useful.
We can only make use of items that are nearly new or gently used. If you don’t have use for your old, tattered couch, rusty washing machine, or other used item, chances are it will also be a burden to a person in need. If we can’t sell it to impact the Ministries’ mission, then it is better to be taken elsewhere.
Step 2: Call our Donation Line at 813.209.1060.
Call our donation hotline and leave a message detailing the kind of items you wish to donate and your phone number. We will contact you by the next business day to let you know if we are in need of your items. If we are not able to receive your donation, we will gladly refer you to one of our many partner agencies in the area.
In order to protect the health of our volunteers and employees, we are unable to accept donations of used mattresses.
What We Accept:
- Home Décor
- Small Appliances
- Sporting Goods
Items We Can’t Accept:
- Blinds or window treatments (unless in original packaging)
- Building materials
- Bulky/Heavy Armoire
- Children’s car seats, cribs or playpens that are more than 7 years old
- CRT TV’s or Monitors
- Exercise equipment
- Firearms and ammunition
- Furniture that cannot be sold as-is
- Gas-powered items
- Hazardous materials – i.e. oil, whiteout, Freon, gas, turpentine, paints, stains, propane, fuels, etc.
- Mattresses or box springs
- Multi-piece/Bulky Entertainment Centers
- Outdated electronics, including computers
- Outdoor children’s toys – i.e. swings, jungle gyms, slides etc.
- Used Mattresses